Monday, December 21, 2009

Herb Kissed Roast Beef


Well, as I said in my last post, I have been doing a lot of cooking, but not much posting due to the job search and construction. Over the next few posts I will be posting recipes I have created over the past few weeks.

In addition to not posting, Lexie and I have also not really had the time to document my cooking with pictures lately. So the next few posts will have fewer pictures. Some posts will have only the final picture, and some will have only a few step by step photos.

Lexie rated my roast beef a 6. She says its pretty average. Not bad at all, but not amazing. I would tend to agree on this, as I accidentally got involved in something else and left the roast in the oven for too long. Usually we like our meat medium-rare, but as you can see, its more medium well to well done.

I think the vegetables turned out pretty well. Lexie agrees with a rating of 9.

 Ingredients:
1 bottom round roast
1/2 onion, sliced thick
1/2 onion, chopped fine
5 cloves garlic, minced
4 mushrooms, sliced
4 carrots, chopped
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
thyme
salt
pepper
1/2 cup red wine

Preparation Instructions:

 1. Preheat oven to 350. At the bottom of a baking dish add carrots, mushrooms, basil, white pepper, olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon of thyme, and half of the chopped onion and garlic. Season further to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together.

2. Wash the roast with water and dry thoroughly with a towel. Next, rub the roast all over with salt, pepper, and thyme.

3. Place roast on top of the vegetables in the baking dish and rub the rest of the chopped onion and garlic into the roast. Pour wine over the roast and vegetables.

4. Cover and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes, then uncover and cook for 10-30 minutes more, depending on how well you desire your meat to be cooked. Remove the roast from the oven, let it set for twenty minutes, and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment